Join PADI Course Director Alex Griffin for an incredible PADI IDC in Scapa Flow, the UK’s most iconic diving destination!
Alex Griffin is an experienced PADI Course Director and also a PADI Technical Instructor trainer too. He runs regular PADI IDCs and tec courses and has a relaxed and friendly teaching style. His philosophy is that courses should be run to a very high standard whilst still being fun! By completing your PADI IDC with Alex you can be assured that you will be taught the most up to date and modern techniques for teaching divers.
The IDC will run at Scapa Scuba in it’s famous red, converted lifeboat station dive centre. We’ll have access to their onsite classroom and access to open and confined water.
Why do the course with us?
- The whole IDC is directly run by Alex, an active and experienced CD and Tec IT.
- Learn how to work with your students in neutral buoyancy and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Complete your IDC in amazing UK conditions and learn how to teach courses in UK seas
- Get a free precision diving and equipment workshop written by Alex, full of techniques you can pass onto your students.
- Get an amazing offer on a self-reliant student and instructor program that will teach you how to use and carry redundant gas, a huge advantage to working dive professionals.
- Complete 5 specialities towards MSDT with your IDC: Nitrox, O2 Provider, Deep, Search and Recovery and Wreck. We will attempt to complete as many of these on the incredible wrecks in Scapa Flow!
- Get an amazing deal on Tec 40 and complete your intro to tec diving too, saving you over a £100.
- And of course, have fun! It’s the only reason anyone learns to dive so if you’re not enjoying it, neither will they!
- Get a free Human Diver online micro-course, a brilliant course for any new dive professional that focuses on human nature and it’s effect on us as divers.
Dates and Course Schedule:
Running at Scapa Scuba from 17th to 25th of April with the Instructor Exam on the 26th and 27th in Kirkwall, Orkney.
- Day 1: Course orientation, equipment workshop, buoyancy workshop
- Day 2: Knowledge Development workshop and confined water skill circuit
- Day 3: Confined water teaching presentations
- Day 4: Open Water teaching presentations and instructor specialities
- Day 5: Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- Day 6: Confined Water teaching presentations and Rescue Workshop
- Day 7: Classroom Presentations
- Day 8: Open water workshops
There are various accommodation options in Stromness ranging from hostels and Air Bnbs to hotels.
- Basic IDC (AI and OWSI):
- Full IDC (AI, OWSI and EFRI): £1050
- Pro IDC (As above with MSDT specs): £1200
- Staff Instructor: £400
- Tec IDC (As per pro but including Tec 40 afterwards: £1500
Additional fees for course materials, applications etc:
- E-Learning: £135
- Course Materials: Usually about £400 (You must have copies of all the core course manuals so if you don’t have these you’ll need to factor this in too).
- Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI): £545
- Instructor Application (payable to PADI): £160
- EFR Instructor application (payable to PADI): £100
Contact Alex at email@example.com or on +44 7961953468