Become a PADI Diving Instructor in Gozo, Malta! This year Scuba Wild along with in house PADI Course Director and Tec Instructor Trainer Alex Griffin, have joined with Gozo Aquasports for a fun, modern and progressive PADI IDC!
Alex Griffin is an experienced PADI Course Director and also a PADI Technical Instructor trainer too. He runs regular PADI IDCs and tec courses and has a relaxed and friendly teaching style. His philosophy is that courses should be run to a very high standard whilst still being fun! By completing your PADI IDC with Alex you can be assured that you will be taught the most up to date and modern techniques for teaching divers.
The IDC will run at Gozo Aquasports a PADI 5 star IDC dive centre in Marsalforn, Gozo. The dive centre is right by all the restaurants and bars and accommodation. We’ll have an onsite classroom and easy access to open and confined water.
Why do the course with us?
- The whole IDC is directly run by Alex, an active and experienced CD and Tec IT.
- Learn how to work with your students in neutral buoyancy and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Learn how to teach in a low stress style and pass this onto your students.
- Get a free precision diving and equipment workshop written by Alex, full of techniques you can pass onto your students.
- Get an amazing offer on a self-reliant student and instructor program that will teach you how to use and carry redundant gas, a huge advantage to working dive professionals.
- Complete 5 specialities towards MSDT with your IDC: Nitrox, O2 Provider, Deep, Search and Recovery and Wreck for only €150.
- Optional internship on Gozo after qualification to work towards your MSDT.
- And of course, have fun! It’s the only reason anyone learns to dive so if you’re not enjoying it, neither will they!
Dates and Course Schedule:
Running at Gozo Aqua Sports from 1st to 8th of November with the Instructor Exam on the 9th and 10th.
- Day 1: Course orientation, equipment workshop, buoyancy workshop
- Day 2: Knowledge Development workshop and confined water skill circuit
- Day 3: Confined water teaching presentations
- Day 4: Open Water teaching presentations and instructor specialities
- Day 5: Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- Day 6: Confined Water teaching presentations and Rescue Workshop
- Day 7: Classroom Presentations
- Day 8: Open water workshops and instructor specialities
Various options starting from around €25 euros per person per night based on 2 people sharing an apartment.
- PADI IDC (AI and OWSI): €850
- Full PADI IDC (AI, OWSI, EFRI and MSDT 5 specs): €999
- Self Reliant and combined instructor program: Special IDC offer €200: 13/14 Nov
- IDC Staff Instructor- €400. *Existing staff instructors can join this IDC at a rate of €150.
Additional fees for course materials, applications etc:
- E-Learning: £135
- Course Materials: Usually about £400 (You must have copies of all the core course manuals so if you don’t have these you’ll need to factor this in too).
- Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI): £545
- Instructor Application (payable to PADI): £160
- EFR Instructor application (payable to PADI): £100
Contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 7961953468