This year join PADI Course Director and Tec IT Alex Griffin for a fun, modern and progressive instructor development course! Alex is one of the most active and qualified CDs in the UK and is responsible for most of the instructor development in the greater London area. Alex has been diving and teaching regularly in Malta for 15 years and brings a wealth of diving experience to the IDC.
On the course you’ll learn the following amongst many other things:
- Use PADI teaching techniques in a low stress style to get the best from your students.
- How to use technical diving skills to teach in a ‘tecreational style’. How to work with your students in neutral buoyancy and how to apply it to real world situations
- You’ll get the chance to incorporate instructor specialities into the IDC itself and learn how to do the same with your students.
- Most importantly how to have fun whilst teaching as no one learns to dive to have a bad time!
In addition to a standard IDC Alex offers an equipment and buoyancy precision diving techniques workshop as a free bonus. Also upon completion of the course you’ll also be able to complete a special offer self reliant instructor course that will teach you how to use and handle redundant gas, a great skill for all dive pros to have particularly when guiding deeper diving.
IDC: 1-8 Nov
IE: 9/10 Nov
Self Reliant and combined instructor program: Special IDC offer €200: 13/14 Nov
Gozo Aquasports: http://www.gozoaquasports.com/en/
Pre-requisites, course materials and recommended kit:
The following is sample schedule for a typical IDC and may be subject to some minor changes.
- Day 1: Course orientation, equipment workshop, buoyancy workshop
- Day 2: Knowledge Development workshop and confined water skill circuit
- Day 3: Confined water teaching presentations
- Day 4: Open Water teaching presentations and instructor specialities
- Day 5: Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- Day 6: Confined Water teaching presentations and Rescue Workshop
- Day 7: Classroom Presentations
- Day 8: Open water workshops and instructor specialities
There are various options starting from around €25 euros per person per night based on 2 people sharing an apartment:
IDC (AI and OWSI): £850
Full IDC (AI OWSI, EFRI and MSDT specs): £1095
Self Reliant instructor: £200